ASC Orthopedic Shoulder Course II
This two day course will progress your knowledge of key shoulder disorders that require further assessment and more detailed analysis of shoulder movement. Scapula and clavicle instabilities are reviewed with detailed examination techniques, common clinical problems and rehabilitation methods. We will review current use of injection techniques and therapy for more complex shoulder problems. Thorough discussion of shoulder replacements with emphasis on ideal recovery, return to sport and complications.
The Level II course includes a detailed course manual and certificate of completion.
Key objectives and learning outcomes:
- Learn broad assessment skills and treatment options for rotator cuff injuries and calcific tendinopathy.
- Perform sectional examination skills to evaluate cuff tendinopathy and instabilities of the shoulder.
- Understand the types of clavicular instabilities and methods for treatment.
- Identify the common scapula disorders and demonstrate basic treatment methods for various dyskinesias.
- Demonstrate key special tests for use in basic examination and refining your diagnosis.
- Appreciate key indications for referral to injection therapy and the likely outcomes.
- Examine several shoulder outcome measures and be able to discuss their use and limitations.
- Improve your confidence in dealing with shoulder arthroplasty and reducing complications in your treatment.
Lectures, demonstration and practical components covering:
- Advanced assessment of rotator cuff function.
- Classification and treatment of rotator cuff injuries – physiotherapy, medical and surgical aspects.
- A selection of basic special tests for the shoulder – which ones to use, interpretation and when to use in your rehabilitation.
- Comprehensive assessment and treatment of the unstable shoulder – dislocations, separations and minor instabilities.
- When to refer for injection therapy (local anesthetic, steroid or prolotherapy) – how effective is it and how does it affect our rehabilitation.
- Shoulder Outcome measures – when to use them and which ones should we use.
- Scapula dyskinesias – measurement, classification and treatment, taping techniques and exercise correction.
- Treatment guidelines for shoulder replacements and recognizing complications.
- ASC level II complete course outlineDetails for this course will be available late 2013. If you would like an email reminder for this course when it becomes available in your city or neighbouring cities please submit your details here >
- ASC level II course locations, dates and signupCourse location and dates will be available mid 2012. If you would like an email reminder for this course when it becomes available in your city or neighbouring cities please submit your details here >
- Completion of Level I course in past 4 years.
If you would like an email reminder for courses that become available in your city or neighbouring cities please submit your details here.